Just reinstalled X.1

Da_iMac_Daddy

Not-so-Neo-DumbA$$
Software Update doesn't detect any more updates and the only one I have installed is the security update and the IE update. What's up with that?

Have you tried manually applying the Mac OS X 10.1.5 Combo Update (using "Get Mac OS X Software..." under the Apple menu)?

I know one should not have to do that; I have the same problem and more with reinstalling X.1 Server at present, yet SU worked for that when I did it previously just a few days earlier.

DeltaMac's suggestion still does not do it: Da_iMac_Daddy and I both got rfom SU the update described in that KB article 120136 (Security Update 7-18-02, version for OS 10.1), but after that, SU gives only one IE update, no Mac OS X updates.

i Figured it out i just downloaded the combo update. But first i had to update the installer, but it was outdated too so i just had to install a security update. It says what to do right in the download section at Apple.com/downloads , just go to the apple section and when you click on the update combo it tells you what you need follow the link and youll find it pointing you to a security update if you read it. now everything seems to be working. thanx for the help though

I have had the same troubles on my 8500, I have had to do alot of the system updates manually on that computer. But, then again I was kinda expecting it since it has a processor upgrade and is a non supported machine.

jeffo

Back