Just Took Sierra 10.12.5

JazzAzz

Registered
On my MacMini (2014), and like when I took the last one, you can watch the progress bar progressing, then the screen goes totally black, and it feels like for so so long, that you begin to feel that something is amiss, and are tempted to force a power off, and reboot (But I know better, might screw things up totally), but from past experience of the last one 10.12.4 I believe, I knew it would eventually do something, which it did, another progress bar, showing like 15 minutes left, which it did not take that long, and eventually came back to the sign on page.

Does it always typically take what feels like a long time, especially at the BLACK SCREEN stage???

Maybe so plugin is very old! Use the Free application EtreCheck and see if you have one or two old plugins. The program will show the file path to delete those old file or update them. Think of the program like a super system reporter!

Maybe so plugin is very old! Use the Free application EtreCheck and see if you have one or two old plugins. The program will show the file path to delete those old file or update them. Think of the program like a super system reporter!

Can't imagine having anything like that. I am not the type to collect a lot of stuff on a PC, or add a lot of plug ins or extensions, but thanks for the suggestion :). Plus just bought this machine brand new, New Years day this year.

Back