Just when I thought my nation had some credibility!

Giaguara said:
They DO have the same god but just call it different...

That's a bit of an over-simplification of matters.

If that was the case, where do pagans fit in?..

I think as oversimplifying it: those who believe in a god / gods and those who don't believe in a god / gods at all.

Not al world is christian. :)

Giaguara, you clearly said that _all_ religions have a common god, just a different soubriquet.

Most pagan religions are centered around the belief in multiple gods of different genders.

So how can a handful of gods; Thor, Venus, Zeus, Odin, Mars, Osiris, Anubis, Athena et cetera, all be the same god?..

Free will allows us to believe or not believe. Worship helps people to codify and affirm their beliefs. To some this is comforting and helps them to get through daily life. Others do not seem to need this. Why? I'm not sure. Even atheists must follow a secular form of morality to be good citizens in the country where they live. If they did not they world be incarcerated. Do I need a god to tell me that murder is wrong? No.
I was raised in a Christian home. Personally I generally do not seek god out often. But there are times when things occur that I do not understand that I ask why. Everything happens for a reason is what I usually get out of those moments. Later down the road the why is revealed and I go ah-ha thats why.

No, not all religion have a common god. I said christian, jews and muslims have basically the same god. But buddhists, taoists, hindus etc don't. So - in the end, a person can be very "religious" on a buddhist way, and still he has no god, is atheist in that sense, and can even define himself as non-believing. A hindu instead has his gods but they are different ..

Ever wonder why some people live more than once and some not? So e.g. is a hindu always reborn as a hindu? If he is reborn once as a christian, in that life he willl seek for "eternal afterlife", in all other lives the liberation of the rebirths and reincarnations? :D

People that use systems to grap the reality are trying to catch it by its tail and to avoid to accept it as it is. But reality is like a lizard... it gives you its tail as it knows that another one will grow...

Religion is just another system.

Back