Kernel panic on startup v10.5.7

jlevett

Registered
Hello

I'm a relatively new Mac owner and proceeded with the OS 10.5.7 update just now on my refurbed mac mini. On the restart I have a kernel panic situation. Restarting as suggested brings up the same problem (repeatedly), I am looking for help as to where to go from here.

What happened during the download was that there was a time out, I said to continue and everything seemed to be progressing well until the restart.

Information I think is important from the screen is as follows (note, some info is hidden by the restart message:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001AC125): "version mis-match between kernel and cpu pm"...
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), frame : Return Address....
Backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0
Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 9.7.0: Tue...
System model na,e: macmini2.1...

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. My kernel may be panicking, but I'm not, yet...

Thanks
Jennifer

10.5.7 has been fraught with issues; sorry you had to download it and try to install it to find out. I'm kinda miffed with Apple about it, actually, as they aren't saying anything about it that's helpful.

Read my blog for links to Apple Discussion Group on 10.5.7 and for a possible fix: (http://thesalon.blogspot.com), but I think you'll find you need to get your original install disk out, reinstall your OS X 10.5.1 on your machine and then work your way back up to 10.5.5 or 10.5.6 using the Combo updater.

Stay away from 10.5.7 for a while. I'm hoping they will patch it with a 10.5.8 but I'm not holding my breath as Snow Leopard 10.6 is scheduled to come out late this year.

No, really! some folks do have problems with updates, but that's not too unusual.

However, I wouldn't agree with the remark that 10.5.7 has been 'fraught with issues'
Or, is that the 'huey' (hooey?) that you have a load of....

Back