Keyboard and mouse

maccam

Registered
Hello members
With my MBP I wonder what mouse and keyboard to get as I have also to work in a VM a lot because of CAD. At the moment(on windows PC) I use an Intellimouse explorer3 mouse and a standard keyboard. Due to using a lot of keyboard shortcuts and the 5 point mouse(explorer3) I am not sure how to proceed. The mac keyboard has quite a different KB layout and a Mac mouse has very few options.
Any suggestions as how I could solve this is very much appreciated.Do any other mouse and KB work as good? Any brands that would be particularly good?

Thanks
MC

Just about any USB mouse will work with Mac OS X... there isn't really a "Mac" mouse and a "Windows" mouse -- there's just "mice" that work with both platforms.

I use an IntelliMouse Explorer with my Mac and it works just fine. Any USB keyboard will work as well, just be aware that the Control/Alt/Windows keys will be mapped slightly different than the Command/Option/Control keys on a Mac keyboard (but there is freeware out there so you can map them back to something more logical).

Just for kicks, I've even plugged in a one-button Apple USB mouse into a Windows PC and it worked fine....except that I was left without a secondary click for the contextual menu. :p

Just about any USB mouse will work with Mac OS X... there isn't really a "Mac" mouse and a "Windows" mouse -- there's just "mice" that work with both platforms.

I use an IntelliMouse Explorer with my Mac and it works just fine. Any USB keyboard will work as well, just be aware that the Control/Alt/Windows keys will be mapped slightly different than the Command/Option/Control keys on a Mac keyboard (but there is freeware out there so you can map them back to something more logical).
Eldiablo
The explorer3 mouse is truly sorted with os x compatible drivers and works perfectly.
Would you be able to name mapping freeware for the keyboard?
There might be compatible drivers available so I could use my genius kb29e across the os's. Otherwise any reasonable keyboard compatible with both platforms.
Thanks

Last edited:

Thanks Eldiablo
I will have a look what I can do.

Back