Keyboard shortcut to switch windows

Hey,

I'm trying to find a keyboard shortcut to "go to the next window within an application", and I can't find one anywhere.

Apple-tab switches applications, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent shortcut to switch between windows of the same application... Am I missing something? Come on, alt-tab lets you switch between windows in.. erm.. Windows :)
Is it up to each developer to implement their own solution? I can't believe that Apple wouldn't put forth SOME form of guideline on how to do this!

Terminal seems to be the only app that I've found that lets you do this, with the apple-1 apple-2 shortcuts.
If each program exports a list of windows to the pop-up menu in the dock, then you'd expect there to be some form of keyboard shortcut to switch windows wouldn't you??

Even a third party (or AppleScript) solution would be OK for me...

Thanks for any ideas,
Ben

If you've got keyboard shortcuts enabled for the dock and menus and what-not, you can command-d to access the dock, quickly left- or right-arrow over to the application, up-arrow to access a window list, then highlight and hit enter. It seems like a lot of fingerwork, but once you get used to it it's damn quick.

Thanks all who responded, the apple-tilde thing seems to work in the applications I need it to (read: Omniweb, and... erm... Omniweb :) )

Surprisingly it also seems to work in Terminal, as well as the apple-1, apple-2 shortcuts! That terminal app sure is one sweet piece of programming *grin*

I'll remember the keyboard shortcuts thing too, sounds pretty useful! The more I learn about MacOS X the more I like it...

Thanks again,

Ben

Back