Keyboard??

while my tibook with external cd-rw sometimes ejected the cd-rw drive's bay via the eject-button on the keyboard, it doesn't do it any more with jaguar. have to hit apple-e in the finder... so i guess the new powermacs will eject one of the drives only.

I only know how it works now.

At the moment, I have one internal optical drive (Superdrive) and two external (a CD-RW and a DVD-ROM) in a SCSI tower. When I hit the eject key, all three open (no joke).

It kinda sucks, especially when you are doing a copyjob from one optical drive to another and you hit the eject key, Toast sometimes crashs, rendering the burned CD useless.

seems like jaguar does it differently (see my above post). i guess this is okay, better than opening and ejecting all trays...

Originally posted by ulrik
I only know how it works now.

At the moment, I have one internal optical drive (Superdrive) and two external (a CD-RW and a DVD-ROM) in a SCSI tower. When I hit the eject key, all three open (no joke).

It kinda sucks, especially when you are doing a copyjob from one optical drive to another and you hit the eject key, Toast sometimes crashs, rendering the burned CD useless.

I have the Graphite Dual 533 Mac, CDRW built in, and a faster Sony CDRW externally installed in an IDE Firewire box, and the eject key on my keyboard ONLY work with the internal CD tray.

I like it this way...

Altho it may be annoying - it sounds funny as heck to have all CD Drives open at the same time! heh :)

Under 10.1.4, both my CD drives would open in succession when I hit the eject key -- first, the internal, second the external firewire CD-RW. Kinda cool, but now under 10.1.5, only the internal opens when I hit eject.

Back