Keychain and some other questions...

New2Mac06

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm still a little new to macs, and i have some questions that i would appreciate your help with.

1. This "keychain" keeps coming up asking for a username and password everytime i start safari. I have disabled it in the keychain application for the system and the user, and yet it still occurs. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I also feel that i may have forgotten the password to it, whenever it was set. Is there way to stop this from being asked everytime?

2. Is there a "startup" list i can access on a mac? The program iTunes keeps starting up everytime the mac boots up. Can i stop this from happening? If so, can you please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help!

Try tossing your keychains located in ~/Library/Keychains (that's inside the "house" directory icon on the left side of your Finder windows)

For the iTunes - go to your System Preferences/Accounts pane. Click on Login Items. Click on any iTunes listing, and click on the (-) at the bottom of that list.

In regards to question 2, go to System Preferences and click on accounts. Choose the account that you use to log in and look under "Login Items" (It's a tab). You can add/remove applications from there.

Thanks guys,

So i did see the startup list and I thank you guys for that!
Deleting the keychains seem to fix the problem, once of the accounts had about up tp 90 keychains.

What would cause this to happen?

By deleting them now, did i do any harm to the pc?

Correct if i am wrong but everytime safari accessed a site that had a password saved in keychain it was prompting me for the password bc there was a key set in the keychain for the specified site, correct?

Back