Keynote presentation on external screen question.

Matsaki

Registered
I will build a keynote presentation for a presentation at univeristy. My MBP will be connected to a external screen for the public. Now I am wondering if there is a way so that I can have also my personal notes to look at on my MBP, but they will not show on the public screen?

Many thanks!

Change your settings in Keynote preferences/Presenter Display pane.
Check in Keynote's help files - Viewing a Presentation on an External display or Projector. That will quickly explain your options.
hint: when you are connected to the projector or other external display, System Preferences/Displays/Arrangement, make sure that "Mirroring" is not selected, so you can use the extended display. Then you will be able to show just the presentation on the external, and your internal screen will show you timing, notes, the next slide before it is shown, etc.
Very handy - support for multiple displays is a great feature that any presentation software should provide.
That feature allows you a lot of control over the presentation that you don't have when using only one display.

Many thanks for good help DeltaMac! So this will work with any application presentation you mean? Like PowerPoint too?

Absolutely, that's a feature included with PowerPoint. I use it a couple of times a week.
It's somewhat simpler to use in PowerPoint (View menu/Presenter View, or simply press Option-Enter)
The functionality is somewhat different, so, as always, you would need to familiarize yourself with each app. Experiment with each app that you use, so you don't need to "fumble around" each time you move from one platform to another. It's one of the challenges of making an important presentation for important clients/visitors, or avoiding potential embarrassment in front of the boss :D , or simply to help prevent school "students" from becoming "bored"
I am confident that you already would know how to prepare yourself, so this is more for those folks who may be newer to presentation software, about the need to preview/practice on the exact hardware and software that you would be using.

That's my problem. Unfortunately I don't have the chance to make any tests before. And I don't even know if I will be allowed to use my own computer yet. I asked and will know soon. Ig not I have to use the one available, and that will be a pc with Windows for sure :(

Then, Powerpoint would be your goal, eh?
As you may know, Microsoft apps will be "similar" in use on both Windows and Macs.

Back