Keynote Stream is Online

Keynote speech is not working right. 15 minutes in and it keeps skipping and finally lost connection that I can't get back. And I have 1.5Mbps cable and all other sites are flying... except apple.com which is most likely from massive hits but still pisses me off. Not impressed anyway with the new stuff. ::sleepy::

Yes, it looks like the Quicktime server for the Keynote is overloaded. I just wish Apple would learn an anticipate this overload. It happens for DAYS after every Keynote they do (not just this latest one). :mad:

ehh it worked a second ago. I got it, it refuses to save now. I'll put it up on my .Mac if I can find it in the temp files or wherever the stuff is kept.

Hmmm... What does this say about the efficiency of Quicktime streaming technology?

(Personally, I'm really hoping that Quicktime 7 will be a great improvement. Quicktime 6 is long in the tooth and definitely my least favorite of the three major players, on Windows OR mac...)

Mine streamed alright, it did stop and start alot of the time with the audio still going just the video stopped, and im on dsl/cable ??? i wish i was there for that macworld - it was a awesome keynote !

The stream was pretty bad when I watched it last night. Cut out and timed out a lot of times. They must not have dedicated much to it this year. Last year it was a lot better.

I don't know why the quality of the stream is so bad either. Even at the native size of the stream(not stretched bigger) it's still fuzzy and pixely.

Stream is working now, actually the best I've ever seen QT perform on my old BondiMac. No re-buffering, you can advance and rewind like it was on your HD. Even plays perfectly smoothly in full screen. Amazing.

If you don't mind the lower quality, you can switch your Quicktime prefs from broadband to like ISDN and get a smoother playback. That's what I do. It still looks watchable.

Back