Known 3rd party apps & drivers compatible with Tiger 8A425

4lfclover

Registered
I thought it would be really helpful to have a reference of known 3rd party apps & drivers compatible with Tiger. Others please add to the following list.

Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0
Backup 2.0.2
BBEdit 8.0.2
CLIX 1.5a
Delicious Library 1.1
DeLocalizer 1.1f
Devonagent 1.6.1
iScroll2 0.19 (remove InstallationCheck script)
iView Media 2.6.3
LaunchBar 4.0.1
MacUpdate Desktop 4.2.1
RealPlayer 10.0.0
Stuffit Standard 9.0.1
Temperature Monitor 2.5
Temperature Monitor Lite 2.5
VersionTracker Pro 3.5.3
Windows Media Player 9.0

The whole Adobe CS suite works, basically without problems. But: (and that's a BIG but...) Neither clipboard nor drag&drop works between those applications. I.e.: Can't drag a vector graphic from Illustrator to Photoshop, nor can you do that from InDesign to Illustrator or vice versa. I'm guessing Adobe will release a small update to those applications, since Apple probably changed something about the clipboard code that interferes with Adobe's vector data...

not a 3rd party application, but remote desktop 2.1 doesn't seem to work
it quits at startup

You can get Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Update Build 7C15 from ADC (under 'Applications') which is intended to restore compatibility, I believe.

I was wondering how third party hardware such as pc card wifi adapters are supported under tiger. By now the third party hardware driver support was like this:
jaguar < panther
Can I expect a "< tiger"?

You mean whether Tiger - out of the box - has more integrated drivers for 3rd party hardware? (Your "<"-sign leaves me wonder whether you mean it as "smaller than" or as a negative arrow of some kind...) Or whether 3rd party devs will now create more drivers? Either way: I don't think Tiger has _lost_ support for third party hardware...

X < Y was meant as you have more third party drivers included in Y than in X. Right now I am using Orangeware drivers for my dlink pc card wifi adapter and it's causing some troubles on panther. I was wondering if I would need any drivers if I had tiger installed. Is there some sort of supported hardware list for tiger?

I have a D-Link DWL-122 running quite happily under Panther with the latest drivers, however under Tiger on the same system the drivers appear to install OK and connect to the wi-fi setup, but there is no external connectivity beyond that point.

I had the same problem with it with Panther and earlier drivers so hopefully a fix will be swiftly forthcoming via updated drivers.

As for 3rd party Apps I know that Thursby's Admitmac 2 does not work and users will have to wait for version 3 for compatability.

The DWL122 is a usb wifi adapter, right? What do you mean with "there is no external connectivity beyond that point"?

Anyone know anything about printing and scanning under Tiger? I was thinking about getting a multifunction printer/scanner, next weekend, and would hate to have it stop working when I upgrade to Tiger...

Yep, DWL-122 is one of the few USB Wi-fi adaptors which has Mac drivers.

What I mean is, that although there appears to be network connectivity from the system it is unable to access any network resources, including network fileshares, the internet or mail servers.

When you check the properties of the connection it says that I am connected to the wireless network and have a signal strength of 95%.

Yep, can confirm that (would have needed it yesterday and had to resort to a Panther installation I had on an external backup). Also: Retrospect Express 6.0 also doesn't work for me. Right now, I have to backup by hand. :/

Back