konfabulator on mac?

roninsmurf

Registered
Any of you guys use Konfabulator?
Been a little buggy with me. Are these things kinda dangerous? Do they cause crashes?
I’m g4 15" osx 10.4.3
Seems like some widgets won’t always load. I do have a lot going (25) but isn’t that the point?
There don’t seem to be the same kinda widgets available for my dashboard...

I use Konfabulator because i don't have dashboard.

But soon I am getting 10.4 and there will be no more need for Konfabulator...

I use 10.4 with both Dashboard and Konfabulator. No problems. Save putting Dashboard into debug mode to keep some widgets on the desktop.

Some widgets are duff and I don't trust Yahoo taking over Konfabulator (now sometimes difficult to download some of them).

I'm using 10.3.9 so I don't have Dashboard, but I have removed Konfabulator after trying it out for as while. My reasoning is that I can live without Widgets and I don't see the point of having any 3rd party software using CPU space if it ain't essential to my needs.

I think widgets are just bling. However, I accept this a very personal view.

What widgets aren't available for dashboard that're still available for konfabulator?

There's 1500+ widgets out there. It couldn't be that hard to find something to perform a similar task.

you'd think, ra3ndy --
but i just fell in love with this Multi City Traffic Widget on Konfab
sooo cool. it gives you an instant map of fway traffic in a bunch of cities, so i can make decisions before i drive.
doesn't seemt o be anything like it on Dash

ps: TOmmo, i didn't really follow you -- how do i enact "debug" mode and how would that help?

I actually run both. I have a few Konfabulator widgets that I want up all the time, and then use Dashboard for stuff that is interesting, but that I don't need to see all the time. You just have to be careful no matter which one you use in that some widgets can take up a lot of processor utilization. Also you can usually find widgets for both, sometimes they just look better on one then the other. iCal events for dashboard is one example. I simply can't find one for Konfabulator that looks as nice and has the same features as the Dashboard widget.

Back