LaCie Porshe HD

larry2161941

Registered
Hello
I am about to purchase the LaCie Porshe 160gb HD to supplement my 10gb IMAC G3 400 for my other new purchase , a digital camera .
Does anyone have any comments on this product? Pro or Con .

LarryD

Yep -- do a search here for "Porsche" and you'll find plenty of reviews that say don't buy that hard drive. In my opinion, stay FAR away from LaCie's Porsche drives -- they fail early and are generally, all around cheap products. I know the prices are very cheap and competetive -- almost too good to be true. But I would highly recommend not purchasing a Porsche hard drive.

Go for LaCie's d2 line of hard drives instead. They get good reviews and are high-quality and dependable.

And on a side note, greetings from San Antonio!

mine failed after a week or so...now my 'backed up' data is stranded on a drive I can mount only about 1 out of every 5 times. On the bright side, it makes avery attractive paperweight, and a reminder that I should be more cautious when shopping for a drive for work needs...

Hello All
It looks like the consensus of opinions is to stay away from that product . People seem to have a lot more luck with the D2 models which one of you I think Strider reccomended .

LarryD

Back