League of Legends on Mac!

I just followed all the steps and everything went great until I launched the game. It loaded fine, but a message saying the "Closed Beta for Mac Client is Over" starting Sept 6, 2011. It looks like some of you have gotten around it.

I followed the original instructions to the letter and it worked perfect.
Only difference was this:
Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/rads/projects/lol_launcher /releases/0.0.0.15 /Deploy
Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/rads/projects/lol_launcher /releases/0.0.0.54 /Deploy

Any thoughts?

I had someone have that error before and I solved it by uploading my installed version of the client and having him download it and run it straight off. It would take pretty much all day for me to upload it again (lost the link). Here's my guesses to why it's not working/how to make it work:

-It's possible they blocked the mac downloader since they shut down the mac version of the game
-Make sure you have permissions to install
-Make sure you're installing the game under
Macintosh HD/Applications

instead of

Macintosh HD/Users/yourname/Applications

or vice versa
-You're running at least Mac OSX 10.6.6 and have a few gigs free space.

Aside from that, I'm honestly not sure. I haven't tried to install it anywhere else in a few months and I'm a bit sketchy remembering how the installer actually works.

I am still having the same problem,
I have 7.32 GB free
I have stored it under Macintosh HD/Applications

But I still get that error message every time I try and run it on the step to open the client
Am I doing something wrong?
Really confused, help! D:

You said you get an error message.
There's 3 or 4 error messages reported in this thread.
Which error message do you get?

League of Legends, aka LoL, (video) is an amazing DotA style MOBA game. It’s got to be my favorite game currently. Problem is, I’m a Mac gamer, and this game runs on windows. However, there’s a Mac client out there and it works just fine, just that there seems to be no way to install it. It’s one of the best games on Mac, just impossible to play. Until now.

I spent such a long time looking for a way to get the Mac client, and I found it, so I want to share the knowledge with the rest of the community so they don’t have to spend an entire week searching the Internet like I did. Anyways, I’ll put the instructions in an easy to follow, numbered order. Just follow them and You’ll have LoL working on your Mac.

It’s the most amazing free game I've ever played, I highly recommend you should check it out even if you're not a fan of the game style.

As for system requirements, I'm not sure about it. It runs more then perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.6
  1. First step is to make an account if you don’t already have one. Just go to the account creation page and fill in the required fields. This takes less then a minute.
  2. Once you have an account, you can download and install the disk image found here.
  3. Mount the disk image and run the installer. I believe this installs the Pando Media Booster (required to play the game?) and the LoL Mac client installer.
  4. Run the file you just installed. This will install the actual client and Adobe Air (also required to play?) People I’ve helped so far have had problems with this step if they don’t install Adobe Air or if they install the game under

Macintosh HD/Users/yourname/Applications

instead of

Macintosh HD/Applications

5. Now that the file’s downloaded, you need to run it. IIRC, some generic windows will open and then close, and then the game won’t work. Next step is the hardest part of the installation.
  6. You need to download and unzip this file. You then need to take the 3 items in the unzipped folder and copy them. Then right click on the League of Legends file under applications and select “Show Package Contents”. Navigate to

Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/rads/projects/lol_launcher /releases/0.0.0.15 /Deploy

There will be one file there. Delete it, and paste the 3 files you copied earlier.
  7. Launch the client, and then it will install the latest patches. It usually gets stuck near the end and you have to force quit it and then launch again.
  8. That’s it! You’re ready to play! I hope you enjoy the game on Mac as much as I do :)
Some other things that will help you enjoy the Mac client to the fullest extent:

• It doesn’t currently seem to support USB headphones :(. You can work around this by using ones that use the headphone jack or just using your computer’s regular speakers.
  • When you’re done with a window, it minimizes instead of closing. This isn’t a big deal, just don’t mess around with it and nothing bad will happen.
  • If you do something out of the ordinary (such as let your computer go to sleep while the game is running) It occasionally won’t quit properly so next time you try to launch it, it won’t run. To fix this you need to either log out and log back in, or restart the computer. The game will be back to normal as soon as you do this, so you can go back to having fun.

Hope I was able to help. If you need any extra assistance, post here or PM me. :D

Hi, im new at LOL, i want to play it, and hav fun there. If you can help me, and have skype, add me: Satains is my name. We can take Share Screen, so i can show you. If you really want to help me, plz take contact!
-Tarzos

hello
i'm french and i have maybe not understand something in your explication but when i try to install the game in MacintoshHD/ applications a message appear : "error guetting the statues of the transfer 1100: allocating place " and when i try to install the game in the default file /destok i have 0 KBs and the same message appear, moreover a file appear on the desk and say :

Last login: Sun Dec 16 12:28:02 on ttys000
/Users/yrougny/Desktop/LeagueofLegendsBeta.dmg.downloading ; exit;
macbook-de-y-rougny:~ yrougny$ /Users/yrougny/Desktop/LeagueofLegendsBeta.dmg.downloading ; exit;
-bash: /Users/yrougny/Desktop/LeagueofLegendsBeta.dmg.downloading: cannot execute binary file
logout

[Opération terminée]

i have installed adobe air but it doesn't work... help ? ^^

Its taking me soo &*&**%$ long and keeps on going like 2hrs 30mins next 3hrs 55 mins sooo annoying whats up with dat

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are on step 7, and the progress seems to have stopped...
Launch the client, and then it will install the latest patches. It usually gets stuck near the end and you have to force quit it and then launch again.
then, you should force quit, and then launch again.

Or, you can explain what 'dat' is. :D

Thanks For the share and i am find the answer of game lol Of Download game file size recently i am read the article on agfun4 butt some clear but some not anyone help me

Back