I had someone have that error before and I solved it by uploading my installed version of the client and having him download it and run it straight off. It would take pretty much all day for me to upload it again (lost the link). Here's my guesses to why it's not working/how to make it work:
-It's possible they blocked the mac downloader since they shut down the mac version of the game
-Make sure you have permissions to install
-Make sure you're installing the game under
or vice versa
-You're running at least Mac OSX 10.6.6 and have a few gigs free space.
Aside from that, I'm honestly not sure. I haven't tried to install it anywhere else in a few months and I'm a bit sketchy remembering how the installer actually works.
Hi, im new at LOL, i want to play it, and hav fun there. If you can help me, and have skype, add me: Satains is my name. We can take Share Screen, so i can show you. If you really want to help me, plz take contact!League of Legends, aka LoL, (video) is an amazing DotA style MOBA game. Its got to be my favorite game currently. Problem is, Im a Mac gamer, and this game runs on windows. However, theres a Mac client out there and it works just fine, just that there seems to be no way to install it. Its one of the best games on Mac, just impossible to play. Until now.
I spent such a long time looking for a way to get the Mac client, and I found it, so I want to share the knowledge with the rest of the community so they dont have to spend an entire week searching the Internet like I did. Anyways, Ill put the instructions in an easy to follow, numbered order. Just follow them and Youll have LoL working on your Mac.
Its the most amazing free game I've ever played, I highly recommend you should check it out even if you're not a fan of the game style.
As for system requirements, I'm not sure about it. It runs more then perfectly fine on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.6
Some other things that will help you enjoy the Mac client to the fullest extent:
- First step is to make an account if you dont already have one. Just go to the account creation page and fill in the required fields. This takes less then a minute.
- Once you have an account, you can download and install the disk image found here.
- Mount the disk image and run the installer. I believe this installs the Pando Media Booster (required to play the game?) and the LoL Mac client installer.
- Run the file you just installed. This will install the actual client and Adobe Air (also required to play?) People Ive helped so far have had problems with this step if they dont install Adobe Air or if they install the game under
- Now that the files downloaded, you need to run it. IIRC, some generic windows will open and then close, and then the game wont work. Next step is the hardest part of the installation.
- You need to download and unzip this file. You then need to take the 3 items in the unzipped folder and copy them. Then right click on the League of Legends file under applications and select Show Package Contents. Navigate to
Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/rads/projects/lol_launcher /releases/0.0.0.15 /Deploy
There will be one file there. Delete it, and paste the 3 files you copied earlier.
- Launch the client, and then it will install the latest patches. It usually gets stuck near the end and you have to force quit it and then launch again.
- Thats it! Youre ready to play! I hope you enjoy the game on Mac as much as I do
Hope I was able to help. If you need any extra assistance, post here or PM me.
- It doesnt currently seem to support USB headphones . You can work around this by using ones that use the headphone jack or just using your computers regular speakers.
- When youre done with a window, it minimizes instead of closing. This isnt a big deal, just dont mess around with it and nothing bad will happen.
- If you do something out of the ordinary (such as let your computer go to sleep while the game is running) It occasionally wont quit properly so next time you try to launch it, it wont run. To fix this you need to either log out and log back in, or restart the computer. The game will be back to normal as soon as you do this, so you can go back to having fun.
then, you should force quit, and then launch again.Launch the client, and then it will install the latest patches. It usually gets stuck near the end and you have to force quit it and then launch again.