Leopard & Application crashes

infinityBBC

Registered
i don't know if anyone else is experiencing these issues, but since i have installed Leopard (and BTW, i finally formatted my drive after installing it and having huge problems with Mail), i've noticed that i've never had a Mac OS which had such a problem with often crashing applications!

every time i turn around, either Safari or Mail or some other app crashes. i keep sending the reports to Apple, figuring they need to get SOME kind of update out there soon, besides 10.5.1.

also i've noticed that Mail still does some flakey things. sometimes i cannot delete a message in a folder, most notably the Drafts folder, and it does other flakey things at times.

also, no matter what, there is a LONG list of files which keep coming up when i run Repair Permissions. i recall back in 10.3 (i believe) there was a time when it always would show 2 files un-repairable, but i've never seen anything like this list!

i guess it's just in need of some tweaking, but i'm kind of surprised, as i'm noticing more issues than ever before with a past OS upgrade. just thought i'd share with others in case they are having similar issues.

Just wanted to add my issues. Mail will open and I can create and get mail, but mail crashes when trying to send. Resetting SMTP server did not help. Repared permissions - no help. Safari also crashes right after opening and going to a new site. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you all re-indexed Mail yet? Just open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type : sqlite3 ~/Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index vacuum index;

(You can copy & paste the Terminal command. It will take a longer time if you have a lot of saved emails)

Back