Leopard: Bugs/Compatibility Reports

So if you remove that tab, the problem goes away. Then I'd say it's the site, rather than Safari, at fault.

List the issues you've run into with Leopard...

Mine:

* diskimages-helper does not seem to release diskimages when they are unmounted in some cases, this results in the images having to be forcefully rm'd while that process still thinks it has the image open, not sure if this has any adverse effects on the filesystem... (Apple bug report #5567406)

* Firewall always leaves basic services such as ntp and netbios open to the internet as shown by this article: http://www.heise-security.co.uk/articles/98120 (Apple bug report #5569978)

Attachments show in the sent folder, but are not received..... I can receive attachments. Hmmm>?>

What a mess with this Leopard.
I did an archive and install. things went well, even restarted with me logging in. I let the MacBook go to sleep but it won't accept my password after waking up. can't login after restarting. I tried the apple Article ID: 306840 (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306840). Doesn't work. kept getting no node found error in terminal. Tried boot with DVD installer and run repair permissions, doesn't work. I don't know what to do at this point. any ideas??

so far the only real issue i have is that it take 10 min or longer to boot. because of that, i haven't even taken any time to boot back into leopard to put it through the paces. if someone knows of a way to solve this, i'd like to hear it. and this is on my desktop as listed at the bottom. i might try installing it on my ibook this weekend.

Obviously something's wrong with booting your Mac. It should take less than ever. Does the Console tell you what happens (or doesn't) at startup? My guess, though, is that a reinstall would be best.

Again, this has turned out to be a huge mess for me, upgrading to Leopard. Before I upgraded I used carbon copy to backup my entire MacBook to another drive. I had a bunch of folders and files on the desktop on the MacBook before I upgraded and backed up. I can't find the desktop folders and files on the newly upgraded MacBook nor in the image of the entire MacBook backed up with carbon copy. I am clueless on where to locate the files and folders that were once on the desktop. Any ideas of where the files and folders are? \\Thanks

Enable Time Machine backups on unsupported volumes:
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

Use at your own risk. I'm trying it now over AFP.

After installing Leopard i cannot login to my network server (NAS TS201) anymore.
Reason: password not recognized.
A window machine works fine. Have authorized guest temporariliy till i know why i cannot use passwords anymore?
Regards,
Gerrit

Me too! I have posted separately ... hoping someone can help.

Andre

I think we ALL really want OS X 10.5.1 to come out soon!

I'll drink to that in spades. In the meantime, without printer or PC access on my network, I am going to curl up in a cupboard and listen to 'Dancing in the Dark' and dream of using Linux.

man, you should have seen 10.3.0 that was a mess. or for that matter, 10.0!

however: still having huge problems with my Airport. what worked on Tiger with a totally solid, ethernet-level robustness, is now a flakey horrible mess reducing the internet to near dial-up speeds, which can drop the connection 50 times in half an hour. I've even clean installed now...

:(

what's bugging me worse though, is that i've not really heard of any other reports like this, so the outlook for a fix in 10.5.1 seems a bit shitty...

Hi Mario8672

The red x circle works fine on my Mail (2Ghz G5 iMac, Leopard).

I am however finding a weird conflict between FontAgentPro and auto font activation via Apple's Font Book - something I need to delve into a little more deeply.

I am also having a 'Get Info' glitch with Photoshop CS1 and Photoshop CS3. I have CS1 and the demo of CS3 which expires soon thankfully. With the CS3 demo it has changed all my CS1 PS files to open up in CS3 PS by default, which you'd expect... but when I do a Get Info on the CS3 file and try to tell all files to open by default with the CS1 PS version it keeps reverting back to the CS3 one. No probs changing over default apps to read PDFs.

My main gripe is that I still can't sync my Samsung phone - model SGH-Z400V.

Apart from those few quibbles so far so good.

Cheers eric halfabee

I asked Propaganda Productions about Deja Vu 3.3b10 compatibility with Leopard and got this response today from Jeff Holland, Design & Engineering:

"Not yet. I got it running nicely on my Leopard MacBook this past weekend, and I hope to release something within a week.

Regards,

Jeff Holland
Propaganda Productions"

I have an Epson R220 which is connected to my iMac G5 (running 10.4.10) via USB. Before I upgraded to Leopard with my MacBook Pro, I was able to print remotely from my laptop with printer sharing turned on. After upgrading I am able to print only by connecting my laptop directly to the printer via USB. If I try to do remote printing, it tries to connect, fails somehow, and then pauses the printer.

The printer is found and displayed when I add the new printer to my printer list but that's all it can do. I have tried this with "Default" printing, "IP" printing, and "Windows" printing. I have set it up using the default generic printer driver, the Epson R220 driver (latest one), and an Epson R200 GIMP print driver. They all do the same thing.

Back