Leopard: Bugs/Compatibility Reports

It's not nearly unified enough, there are many inconsistencies that need to be fixed.

UNO ftw.

What would you need a themer-app for that makes everything look unified, if Mac OS X 10.5 is the OS that finally does that?

Because I hate the light blue everywhere. If Appearance pref pane would help me get the blue to Graphite, I would not need it (Uno that is).
I just don't like to stare at that light blue everywhere. I don't like that color. It is unifies, correct, it still does not make me like baby blue.

I had major sound issues, i.e., no sound or chopped sound, and frozen system preferences after accessing the Sound control panel. System would not restart or shutdown unless forced.

Removing the iSub (Harmon Kardon USB connected subwoofer) fixed the problem. Re-introducing it caused the problems to return. So, I'm looking for new speakers now.

Dual 1.25 G4 MDD, OS 10.5, 1.5 Gig RAM.

Photoshop Elements will not open. It starts to load but then gives a fatal error message and quits. Checked the Adobe web site and they report that version 4 and earlier are not compatible with Leapord.

Installed Leopard on a spare clone drive with 10.4.10 on it (60G used, 10G available). G5, 2X2.5, 4G ram.

Problems:
• Keychains needed .keychain extension
• GraphicConverter 6.0.1 file browser has window refresh problems
• Synch to iPhone, 34 double entries showed up (?) which iTunes offered to fix.
• Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0.1 failed to clone after target drive reformat
• Quickbooks 2006 crashes -> crashes Finder -> causes grey curtain of death kernel panic (probably something to do with its automatic save-all-changes thing)

OK so Far:
• Freehand MXa (whew!)
• Maya 2008 (double whew!)

Edited thread to be stickied and the what not.

So far I've had a couple bugs, more related to Adobe though...

One is CoverFlow doesn't build full thumbs of Photoshop saved pictures, which sucks. It uses the 128x128 icon that Photoshop saves to the file. I have since turned icon saving off in Photoshop and now coverflow builds full rez thumbs.

Two is a flickering cursor in PS CS3, I've only had it once so far. Will keep an eye on it, when it flickers I can't do anything.

Had the same problem. Had a clean install. First, rebooted and reset user name and password, which did not fix. Reinstalled and got a strange error about user name, etc. Hit enter and it logged me in. Network set itself up.

Many Apple Mail add-on bundles appear to require a Leopard specific release.

I'm not sure which one of the ones I had which were causing a major problem with Mail -- viewer window would not open -- but I ended up discarding all my mail bundles (for all the developer web sites indicating work in progress for Leopard updates). Now I'm running vanilla Mail for now.

S

I get this warning window and it won't go away if I click deny. What is it and why is it so persistent? Activity Monitor didn't help although it is related to my iDisk somehow.

Attachments

• security.jpg
    security.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 48
  • pubsub.jpg
    pubsub.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 32
I have paid for the new Leopard, but have yet to receive it from Apple.
I though tit would have been delivered to my home on Friday, but to no avail.
Saturday came and is almost over at 10:45 PM. Any suggestions as to who to contact? Thanking you in advance, Joe Rock

Safari 2.0.4 crashes on launch and it appears that unlike previous versions of the OS, an updated Safari didn't install automagically. I haven't yet looked to see if there's a new version with Leopard, but I'm more than a little ticked that I have to mess with this.

Back