Leopard Directory Utility

Matt OS X

Registered
Hello,

I am struggling to fix a small error here related to Leopard 10.5 Directory Utility:

Scenario:
  • A department room with 10 Mac Pros
  • All connected by ethernet wires
  • Each Mac Pro are binded to Active Directory by Directory Utility
  • No local accounts because student have their active directory username/password
  • No LDAP configuration

A student told me that he couldn't log in. I tried with my username and it wont let me log in, too.

I logged in as a local admin since I am an Apple Technician and opened Directory Utility application. I clicked on "Services" icon and clicked on "Active Directory". The next thing I unbinded this computer ID and re-binded with correct "Network Administrator Required" username and password provided by our ITS Department. The box appeared saying that I entered incorrect username/password.

I had to ask my ITS Department Network Administrator to remove this specific computer ID off from the server for me to re-bind this. After the removal of this specific computer ID, I attempted to re-bind and it wont let me to due of incorrect username/password. I am completely puzzled.

I also am trying to find a specific folder to clean up Directory Utility's caches. I googled and couldn't find an answer. I know we can delete caches from Tiger 10.4's /Library/Managed Preferences folder. But I can't do the same thing with Leopard since Leopard killed "Netinfo". Is there a way for me to clean up the cache on Leopard or any advices would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Back