Leopard File Sharing.....Issues....

hybridmoments82

Registered
I'm a Microsoft tech and this is my first attempt at integrating new Mac machines to the PC wireless network. The new Macs came equipped with OS X 10.5.6, and on my very first attempt, I got both mac machines file sharing with all PCs on the network, and with each other. I transferred files with ease and had a moment of blissful victory.

After about an hour, I've had problems with the Macs sharing files with each other. It seems every time I try to access either mac through the Shared menu in the HD directory, the corresponding mac I'm trying to access will drop all it's wireless connectivity for about 30 seconds, including internet and access to the PCs, and then automatically reconnect itself. After several attempts, I noticed that the mac would ONLY drop the wireless connection when I attempted to access it via the other mac. Both macs are using Leopard.

Interestingly enough, the PCs can access files on the macs, copy, share, etc. and the mac's wireless connectivity would not drop. It seems to be solely between the Macs.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Back