Leopard ServerAdmin buggy?

Damrod

Registered
I noticed that in the Leopard ServerAdmin, some lists are really buggy. Has anyone else expirienced similar issues?

In particular I noticed that the list for the SoftwareUpdateService is really trippy, as you get all kinds of funky results when sorting the list for release date or name. You click the GarageBand Update for example, and get the description for an iMovie-Update :confused:

I found nothing about it at Apple's place, but do not know where/how to file a bug either. Thoughts and ideas...? :)

Thanks for the reply, I think I do have an ADC account. So far I have yet to see something different than a blank page when clicking the link... :confused:

I'll keep checking it though, and hope to get through soon :)

EDIT: Filed a bug for it, looking forward to Apple's response

Filing a bug report is always a good thing when you run into a true problem with one of Apple's pieces of software, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

Typically, if it's a TRUE bug, many other people have already submitted it as a bug. Apple will NOT reply to each and every person, nor will they email you or get in contact with you in any way to report a bug fix.

I just don't want you to get your hopes up waiting for Apple to respond, because their only response to you, directly, will be INdirectly in the form of a fix through a software update via the Software Update mechanism.

SUS has been dead for me since the moment I installed 10.5 Server, and 10.5.1 did not help at all. I called Customer Support on 11/25 and after a loooong wait, the agent told me I was the first to report this problem. This is nonsense because there is a discussion at Apple about just this problem, which started months ago.

Here's another flakelet: In the Mail service, SMTP keeps turning itself off. Finally I adjusted all users to access an off-site SMTP service, because I don't have time to debug it.

Aside from those, it's working pretty well. :rolleyes:

Back