Leopard Will Not Upgrade

DJVYEATES

Registered
Hi y'all, my first post. I'm running a PowerPC G4 Quicksilver Dual 1.25Ghz with 2GB RAM and OSX 10.4.11. I've purchased a Leopard upgrade and the message I get right at the beginning is that it cannot find Mac OSX 10.4 to upgrade. I've phoned the Apple unhelpline and after half an hour of waiting, abandoned ship. Any ideas?

Is the disk come in a small black box with a X and the Leopard space screen behind the X (the retail box)? Is the disk a black space screen with a X too?

I ask because Apple sold the FULL install disk to older computers. The Leopard update disks were given to people who bought a Mac shortly before the release of Leopard. If someone sold you one of these disks, I don't think it can work because it is targeted for a particular Mac.

If you have the full retail Leopard disk then the better way of "upgrading" from OS X to another (don't go through the pain I have learned from, it come from old plugins) is to do an Archive & Install. This will put your Applications in Applications and your Network settings back but everything else goes into a "Previous System" folder while putting a fresh install in the rest of Leopard. Once OS X comes up you can go into the "Previous System" and get your documents out of it that you want to keep. Then you can Delete that Previous System folder one you get everything you want out of it.

Back