Let's all click the Bug-Button

lol! That's awesome! I just did. Might make them think MacOSX.com has major problems if we all do that from here, but any publicity is good publicity right? ;) Maybe we should all do it from different websites so that they don't catch on that it was a forum-generated mass attack. :D

I did it before you posted this thread ;). I also asked for a nice interface, quick ! So I can take screenshots and show to PC people that THIS rocks their Web browsing by speed.

And:

- Customize toolbar screen, instead of the View menu.

Originally posted by optimus
I also requested:
- Drag and drop browser text
- Keychain support like Chimera

LOL.. I did it before this was posted too. In fact it was the first thing I did after loading the browser!

Originally posted by optimus
I also requested:
- Keychain support like Chimera
It has keychain support.
As soon as I started Safari up it asked me if it could decrypt the key for my proxy server, I allowed it, but seeing as I've never used it before, it didn't have a key to decrypt (I get this in Chimera too) the fields were blank. So, I filled them in and clicked the little checkbox that said "Save in keychain".

It does not use the keychain (as far as I can tell.. no prompts or anything) to store username and password fields inside an HTML form.

Originally posted by Gnomo
It has keychain support.
As soon as I started Safari up it asked me if it could decrypt the key for my proxy server, I allowed it, but seeing as I've never used it before, it didn't have a key to decrypt (I get this in Chimera too) the fields were blank. So, I filled them in and clicked the little checkbox that said "Save in keychain".

Don't you guys think it would be better to send feedback through the proper channels? I think this is going to be counter-preductive by using what was designed for bug reports as a feature request.

Just an observation...

Put all your energy and voices together and send off emails to their feedback address.

Also, be a little more friendly and more enthusiastic, and Apple will be much more happy :)

Like "I love Safari so much! It's certainly going to be my default browser as soon as it's got tabs" ;)

If all we can find to complain about in Safari is tabbed browsing and keychain access, Apple must have done something right.

I personally love Safari. I love the look and feel of it especially.

As for tabbed browsing, I have never gotten into it...So call me out of touch, but I don't understand what the fuss is about.

And I agree that the bug button should be used to help beta test the browser. It should be used, radical idea here, to submit bugs...

It is also supposed to be used to report webpages that don't load correctly so that Apple can investigate them.

Damn I need to get off work so I can try Safari.

I don't mind tabs not being there, as I don't used them in the browsers that have them, but damn I hate Brushed Metal.

Well if the browser doesn't suck I can put up with it.

I continue to be astonished that anyone finds tabs to be even tolerable, much less desirable.

They invalidate the entire premise of a windowing system. Even worse, they do it on a per-application basis; something so fundamental as discrete windows should not vary from one application to another.

If you really want something that allows for a hierarchical relationship of windows, exclusive windows, and modes, then you should do it below the application layer, with multiple desktops/workspaces. This allows grouping of windows from any combination of applications.

If you think you enjoy tabs, allow me to recommend CodeTek's VirtualDesktop as a much more general approach to the same problem.

(edited to fix silly typo.)

Does it have URL field history/recognition of previously visisted links?

How well does the pop-up blocker works?

Back