Lexmark Z12 Printer and OS X 10.3.3

Yogi Bear

Registered
I have a lexmark z12 printer and despite downloading the supposed drivers from the lexmark site and following their instructions it will not work. I am running a G4 iBook, 640Mb RAM and 10.3.3.

It wont print a test page and says there's an error, plus when u try to run the configuration for it through printers under system preferences it crashes when you click next to move to the next page of the config. If you go into any program and try to print it loads up the print manager in the dock but just sits there trying to contact the printer. I have tried reinstalling the printer a few times but this hasnt worked.

Has anyone had the same trouble? Has anyone got a Z12 to work under 10.3.0, 10.3.2, or 10.3.3. I tried under all three with no success!

Thanks.

The Z12 is not on the list of natively supported printers, and the latest driver was released early in Jaguar, so you may have a printer that will not be supported with Panther. Even Gimp-print does not list this printer as a possible supported printer.

Thanks for the info, looks like i might have to invest in a new printer! got this for nothing anyway so no real loss.

Back