Lezmark vs Leopard

rodaire

Registered
Just wondering if there is any hope of having my Lexmark Z1480 connect wirelessly to my network.

The endless process of trying to achieve this culminated in a Lexmark technician connecting with my iBook and talking to me for almost two hours! The installation procedure has been run through about ten times in total and everything that has been tried has resulted in a big blank.

My Toshiba notebook running XP-SP3 Home has no problem and I can print from the iBook via USB but wireless-- no go.

Last night I even tried to run CUPS and achieved the same thing -- a message 'trouble communicating with the printer' and that after I know nothing about CUPS means at least I was able to generate a printer which had the same characteristics as the Lexmark.

Does anyone have any bright ideas to solve this? I was told by one of the Lexmark techs that they have trouble with Leopard 10.5.4 and the strange thing is that everything worked when the iBook was running 10.5.3 so I guess it's an Apple problem?

Thanks Satcomer

My router is a Netgear DG834G with WPA-PSK security option.
The technician (and also myself) have downloaded that file you linked so many times that I only have to login to Lexmark's site before it's trying to give it to me again ;-)

That Print Therapy programme sure looks powerful. Thanks for that -- I'll get back to you when I find my way through all the bells and whistles!

(That's some list of goodies you have!)

Maybe trying the shareware program Print Therapy 6.0.2 (Leopard Edition) might help. Also the tech got the correct Lemark drivers?

What wireless router are you using with what security?

I took a look at the Help file for Printer therapy. It reminds me of an article I once read in a motoring magazine, describing the engine compartment of a new Jaguar "the sight is enough to make even the most determined DIYer snap his toolbox shut"!

I ran the permissions routine and it found a couple of Lexmark items to correct but as far as the rest of the programme -- whew.

Nothing came of that anyway so I'm not too sure what else I can do with it.

Back