PPPoA Settings

Router IP

Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)

Wireless Network Mode Mixed
SSID Wireless1
Wireless Channel 11 - 2.462 Ghz
Wireless SSID Broadcast <Enabled>

If anyone could advise how I can get this working I would be eternally
grateful :) I've tried all sorts in the Airport configuration screens but to no avail & don't know what else to do.

Hopefully yours,

Jay

If the Airport connects, then the router is not getting an IP from your ISP! check those configurations. Also connect to the router via Ethernet and see if it get out then. This way you can trace down if it is the router or the Mac.

Have tried everything - every combination of IP,subnet mask etc under every config method (DHCP/DHCP with manual addr/manually) but still no joy. My macbook connects to the wireless network ok but not to the internet? I've tried the same config (IP etc) as the ethernet config but no luck.

I'm stumped, & doubt very much it is a hardware problem and the router set-up details are exactly the same as when the wireless *was* working?

Also, if you're not onl-line & you need to go the router's IP screen in Safari - how can you do this? I just get a 'Not connected to Internet' message, but I'm not trying to access the net - just the router's IP set-up?

*Any* help greatly appreciated (both issues:)

Jay
__

Well when I check the 'Built-in-Ethernet' configuration details for the wired connection there's an IP address, but when I try the same IP address in the Airport configuration it doesn't connect. I can connect to wireless network OK but not to the net?

Look at the router's manual. It will show you how to connect to the router and see the all the status of the router. You can tell from there if it is the wireless connection or the ISP.

We just had a similar problem tonight with a new Netgear FVG318. Turned out to be an issue with the WAP security. We had to turn on both WAP and WAP2 to get my Macbook back online. Mac seems to have trouble with WAP and losing its settings. (And apparently it won't remember your wap password after your machine goes to sleep or otherwise disconnects from the router and you have to type it back in again. ugh.)

It is actually the Mac using Wap differently, then Netgear or similar products.
The Mac and netgear generate the WAP password differently. Most people have gotten it to work with placing a leading $ before the password. Search the forum a lot of discussions on this topic.

Back