Login screen Screensaver?

Jasoco

Video Gamer/Collector
Does the screensaver run when on the login screen?

And if it does, how do I choose it?

I have moved all my Screensavers into my Home's "Library/Screensavers" folder for convenience, so if it requires I have them in the main Library, forget it.

Just curious as I got the SereneScreen Fishies saver and don't wanna have to be logged in to have it running.

well if it does run a screen saver while logged out, it certainly wont run it from your home folder - so forget it

Login screen is a user independant wide 'thing' so it will use system wide screen savers

But if I had it in my main Library, would I be able to set it up?

I keep them all in my Home to make backups easy. This way I don't have to necessarilly backup the Library, just my Home since I am the one user and it's nice to have everything in one place.

dunno cant help with that.

have you tried just leaving it at login screen to check if the screen saver activates?

in a google search I found an app called iHook as well as a Perl script that would work as a screensaver for the login window.

They can both be found here

Off the question - If you are the only user, why not leave set on log-in automatically? If you need a little system security you can set screensaver to require a password for re-entry.

I do set it to log in auto. I log out at night. That way when I come back the next day it's a fresh login. And I need to keep it running since I sometimes serve a website on it. And a screensaver would be an added bonus rather than just a blank screen. At least until 3 hours passes. But it soothes me to sleep. ;)

Back