Logitech for Mouse Sensitivity and Mac-Friendly Keyboard

One Sick Puppy

Registered
I've been using the standard Logitech Optical Wheel mouse on my PC for a while now and just tried it on my Mac with the logitech software. The Logitech Control Center software allows you to configure your mouse such that it feels like Windows acceleration.

I've been aiming to get a USB keyboard, too, so I can use my iBook as a desktop with my 19" monitor and dually-display. Futureshop happened to have the keyboard I've been wanting to buy for a long time on sale: Logitech Internet Navigator. Half price @ $19.99 CAD. This keyboard rox as much as I had hoped, and it's much quieter than my MS multimedia keyboard.

So, I'm now using my iBook as a desktop with dual display and it's proving quite excellent for homework. The only problem is the anti-alliasing from the laptop seems carry over to the CRT and it makes the text look rather fuzzy in comparison to the LCD screen.

Anyhoo, just wanted to give props to these two Logitech products which are allowing me more functionality to my iBook.

BTW. Camino browser sucks. It's crashed on me twice already.

Try setting the "Font Smoothing style" in the "Appearance" System Preference Pane to "Standard - best for CRT" when you're using an external monitor.

Be aware that font smoothing styles only take effect for newly-launched applications, so any currently running applications will not exhibit the newly selected font smoothing style until you quit and relaunch them.

Back