London Store opening

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
So .. today is the London Apple Store opening. 10 AM, address is Regent Street. You can't miss it. http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet/

Post updates if you have ... We went to have a look at the queue at midnight and so far at midnight looked like this (pics). Now it's 4 AM and I'm going to catch a few hours of sleep - will post pictures tomorrow as soon as there and online ... anyone else online, post updates if you have ;) :p (and feel free to say hi if you spot me online)

I got there about 1 pm, the cue stretched around a block or two. I went shopping around the west end and came back to Apple Store about 6 pm cue was gone, went inside filled out the sweep stake competition thing. An assistant working there said this is there biggest store and its cost to build: around £5 million! The New York store had a bigger theatre for sure.

Just Amazing. Great pictures and video. Would have liked to have been there myself. But the posting here made up a little.

Will visit the Store in the New Year when i go down to London shopping in the sales.

Thanks Gia.
x
:)

BBC News report:

BBC News Technology section report

.....doesnt look like anybody got an iPod in their lucky bag - I'm not surprised as due the way we're stiffed on the price of pretty much everything here it was probably too expensive to do. From what the guy says he got in his bag, I would have been pretty pissed off to have spent £249 on it. I'm sure its technically worth it but theres nothing great in there, the software he got must have been pretty awesome or he's been ripped off, £700's worth my ass.

Back