Longest Uptime??

my linux server @ home is up for about 120 days, and my longest mac up time is 3 days on a 6100 :) windows is about 19 days, and that's 1 thing i can't still believe :p

I went to the Jets vs Patriots football game yesterday, and had been up for 23 days 16 hours before leaving. Before leaving I had a massive thought problem, and decided that i would shut down the computer so that i could conserve the 1% of battery power that would have been used if i had put it to sleep.
LIttle did i know that shutting down the computer actually SHUTS DOWN THE COMPUTER, and hence, all of my chances for uptime glory have been ruined, since a 10.2 update should come out in january.

:rolleyes:

Matrix Agent:
<i>LIttle did i know that shutting down the computer actually SHUTS DOWN THE COMPUTER, and hence, all of my chances for uptime glory have been ruined, since a 10.2 update should come out in january.</i>

Uptime glory:
1/ Set system clock to some date in the past
2/ Reboot computer
3/ Login
4/ Set system clock to today
4/ Open Terminal
5/ Type "uptime"
6/ Uptime glory...

You may be able to impress some people with this...

Joris Artels II - [www.artels.org]
iBook Dual USB (Late 2001): G3 @ 600 MHz (DVD/CD-RW)

It _can_ be fun to fool people into thinking your computer has been running for 200 days... (especially if it's an iBook that hasn't even been out for two months...)

But I also like _real_ uptimes better. Problem is Apple releases to many security patches...

My best uptime (real one) in OS X was 40 days...

Longest time my machine was up according to 'uptime' (sitting in my dock):
19 Days, 8 Hours, 13 Minutes....

Now I'm back to 1 Hour, 39 Minutes: had a complete freeze of my system just recently... :(

cheers,
Rob

Longest time my machine was up according to 'uptime' (sitting in my dock):
19 Days, 8 Hours, 13 Minutes....

Now I'm back to 1 Hour, 39 Minutes: had a complete freeze of my system just recently... :(

cheers,
Rob

About a month ago, I could have posted a big impressive number (well, only about 3 weeks, so nothing compared to NetBSD).

However, all of November, my Mac was struck down with the curse of defective RAM. Took me that long to figure out, because I had just installed 10.1 at the same time as putting the RAM in, so I figured it must be the OS.

If I had a dime for every time I installed the OS last month, I would just about be able to buy a cup of tea...

Welcome to Darwin!
[localhost:~] jack% uptime
12:41AM up 7 days, 1:33, 2 users, load averages: 0.77, 0.30, 0.25
[localhost:~] jack%

Thought I might revive this thread as OSX 10.1 has been out for a while and the OS as a whole is less crash prone and fewer people need to boot into classic now...

Currently I am on 8 days 13:24 of uptime.

Not bad... I think my highest was around 12 days. Sometimes I have to shut this thing down when we have guests who stay over night (my office is the spare bedroom)

Anyone else got longer going on their OSX box right now?

I havent crashed since 10.1 install, but i have had to turn it to OS 9 for some peripheral work, but all the rest of the time its on or sleeping on OS X. I;m very satisfied.

Personally I've had it up and running for 2 months without turning it off, don't have that in seconds though...

I'm currently a few hours short of 11 days. My last reboot was because of a crash. I've never actually seens a crash on osx, my wife was using the computer at the time.

My linux boxed would normally be up for 70 to 100 days between reboots. Those reboot were normally because something non-kernel related has trouble (printing, X Windows, etc.) and I was too frustrated to hunt down what needed to be killed/restarted.

Hopefully, my next osx reboot will be because 10.1.3 is out.

I sadly have quite a few crashes under 10.1.2 :I
Sometimes I find that my computer decides to wake up, though the cover is closed. The fan is running, but the screen is blank and the hard drive seems inactive. That happens about once a week, and it's VERY annoying. Other than that, I only get a crash once every few weeks.
I do have to boot into 9 a lot also, so my longest uptime is like 8 days. Right now I've been going for 14:55 :)

Like I mentioned in this thread, there's a place that'll keep track of your uptime. The real fun part is watching all the Windows machines drop like flies. And hey, 87th out of 155 ain't bad, either.

I'm currently at 3 days and 3 hours. The longest uptime I've had is 8 days. I have only had OS X freeze up on me twice (once in 10.0.3, and once on 10.1 (I was listening to macshowlive, watching a flash cartoon, running mactella, listening to iTunes, browsing in IE (before I discovered mozilla and omniweb) and on MSN messenger and AOL messenger, I wonder why it crashed)). I would never shutdown or restart my mac, if it weren't for software that I installed that requires a restart, plus I run a fsck once a week. I'm going to a month now tho;) Now, how are everyone's load averages? I hit 4 once:eek:

My uptime is at 49 days 9hrs 50 mins with OS X 10.1.2. I am about to lose it to install 10.1.3!!

This is on a machine I use daily, and I install and uninstall crap all the time, also develop and use it for daily things such as surfing and email.

Back