Longhorn 3D GUI Engine Quicktime movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devlinite

banned for trolling
Still alpha builds, this is not how longhorn will look. Just like whistler looked before Luna designe.

These movies simply show the raw power of the new engine. Nothing to do with transition effects.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/0509/k1_4.htm

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/0509/k1_5.htm

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/0509/k1_6.htm

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2003/0509/k1_7.htm

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcas...review_2003.asp Info about the engine...

Longhorn will have 2 tier Guis.

Tier 1 is for low level computers, that runs a classic type of engine, like win2k, DX7 engine.

Tier 2 will be something like or more impressive than OSX. Here are the requirements for Tier 2:

The Minimum Requirements
- Stable Longhorn Graphics Driver
- GPU Scheduling (multiple clients are guaranteed)
- GPU Memory Management (video memory always available)
- Hardware V-Sync Interrupt
- Pixel Shader 2.0 (DX9-class GPU)
- 4x FSAA
- Bump & Environment Mapping with Luminance
- Hardware Transformation & Lighting
- 1024x768 with 32-bit color
- 64MB Video Memory (128MB recommended)
- AGP 8x or PCI Express

As we can see in the movies, the new GUI is really impressive... No slow downs, no or very little cpu process, multi-tasking is a breeze.

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/...n_winhec_12.png

well know its sep 2003.

they expected it by 2005. but i recently read somethin about 2006.

will mac os be at 10.5 - 10.6 by that time? he he he. no more comments :)

Well that would account to OSX only being updated, not apple having an entirely new OS.

Longhorn is nothing we have seen from MS, it's totally new OS. So there is quite excitement in the coming months... Beta versions will arrive in 2004.

well if u have used 10.1,10.2 thoroughly, and if u have tested panthers later seeds.... i dont think u could simply call those updates...
from one 'update' to another there are vast improvements : speed increases, bug fixes, addition of new features etc.

sure, longhorn is a new os. but mac os has a unix core, it doesnt need to be rebuild, it will simply get better and better :)

PS: those longhorn videos are sooo amazing.. im sooooooo excited... (hahaha...) and i just cant hide ittttttttt....

Fixes, vast improvements, new features = It's called a service pack in MS terms, not a new OS.

Longhorn is made from scratch, while OS X is unix based, it's really demanding OS and sorry to say, the slowest unix based OS.

Maybe if they removed all those nonesense shadows and usless transitions. It could have been less harsh on lower end macs.

hahahahha
ur comparing a SERVICE pack to the improvements from 10.1 to 10.2 or 10.2 to 10.3 ?

hahahahha. i know im just wastin my time answerin .but

do u get technologies such as pixlet with service packs?
do u get expose?
do u get TRUELY fast user switchin?
do u get fast pdf viewers?
do u get encrypted home folders ? etc etc?

all u get with those lame service packs. is simply a SERVICE to fix up the security holes so u dont get blaster once again... :) :) :)

You are right, you are getting improvments, that should have been in OSX in the first place.

Yet G4, G3s are still slow with mac os x and the G5 is incompatible nor optimised for the Jaguar.

Let's go with another update, which apple will charge you! While XP service packs are totally free.

HAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Devlinite
and the G5 is incompatible nor optimised for the Jaguar.

oh cummon. cant u do better than that ?

usually mac bashers have done all of their homework :)
when u come to such a forum, make sure ur up-to-date. (hint: 10.2.7)

I would like to see a picture of OSX server running on a G5. Till then, I think you should research your own idol preying company.

Bashing something would mean, there is no substance to the argument... I have brought substance, you trying to ignore it or make your talented HAHAHAHA with preference and opinionated assumptions.

u said. the G5 doesnt run jaguar. :) i simply told u it runs jaguar :)

btw mac os x is very stable. u dont need server versions (like XP) to run secure environments...
untill panther. im sure theyll cope with 10.2.7 :) hahahahah

Originally posted by Devlinite
You are right, you are getting improvments, that should have been in OSX in the first place.

Yet G4, G3s are still slow with mac os x and the G5 is incompatible nor optimised for the Jaguar.

Let's go with another update, which apple will charge you! While XP service packs are totally free.

HAHAHAHA!

Dude, you are a ****ing moron, Longhorn is not a 'new' os, it is built off of NT, just like 2k, XP, and 2003 are :p

Panther is a sweet OS, and it is loads faster, more stable (even in beta) and has a lot of great new features, something that service packs never provide :p

I have even read an article on ms.com how they don't add new features to service packs because it may 'confuse' users.

Window box waving....oooohhh. Two words "genie effect" had it in OS X 3 years ago and it's coming to windows in the next 3 years. Oh and that's got to be the most nauseating GUI ever... definitely not looking forward to this crap. Move along nothing to see here...

I am sorry, but that convention was not for kids, it was for business men, which those movies were showed to....

No one gives a shit about the shadows or effects... The prototype alpha build is simply showing the amount of processes going on in the new OS with very little or no use of the cpu.

Obviously, the windows turning and waving is somekind of coolness factor for you guys.

Sorry but no one gives a crap about genie effects... You got the wrong assumptions on the longhorn movies.

"Panther is a sweet OS, and it is loads faster, more stable (even in beta) and has a lot of great new features, something that service packs never provide :p "

I hope it does, why update the build if it wont be improved? Though not a selling point, now is it?

Originally posted by Moron ++
The moron says: You are right, you are getting improvments, that should have been in OSX in the first place.

The great not hacker says: Name something OS X dosent have that Windows dosen't...

The idiot says: Yet G4, G3s are still slow with mac os x and the G5 is incompatible nor optimised for the Jaguar.

Mac Hacker says: Actually... I found a screenshot of Jaguar running on the G5. If I'm at the Apple store I'll snap a pic and post it here.

Sure, OS X is slow on G3, but with just 256 MB it's pretty much ease. G4 Is perfect for OS X. It's vroom vroom :) really fast.

The highly intellegent moron says: Let's go with another update, which apple will charge you! While XP service packs are totally free.

the great one says: Umm. IDIOT! Service packs are security updates, bug fixes and stuff like that. Now Mac OS X... it's a new story... it's a completely new OS, not a damn add on.

The Windows Weenie says: HAHAHAHA!
Machacker: HOHOHOHOHOHHOHO!!!!!

hahahahahaha

damn this general discussion forum is fun. i should have started visiting it earlier!

Devlinite, please stop posting right now and take your "arguments" to a pro-Windows forum where they might even care enough to respond. Right now, you are this guy:
troll.jpg

While the toy is cute, the poster is discouraged: "Trolls: This type of person has the tendency to visit message boards for the sole purpose of complaining or saying things that cause other members to get up into a frenzy. These type of posts are usually off-topic anyhow and they lead to nothing productive, so please just don't be a Troll or see yourself Trolled out of here." Read the rules: http://www.macosx.com/forums/boardrules.php

I could argue with you, but i see no point.

Originally posted by arden
Devlinite, please stop posting right now and take your "arguments" to a pro-Windows forum where they might even care enough to respond. Right now, you are this guy:
troll.jpg
And you. Stop impersonating a moderator.

Devlinite, you've entered the bull ring in a loose, waving red suit. Watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back