Looking for a specific/custom power supply...

ElDiabloConCaca

U.S.D.A. Prime
...for a few Western Digital "Elements" 1TB hard drives. They each have a 12v DC input, and the drives included a "wall wart" power supply for each.

The trouble is that I have 5 of these bad boys that I need powered and connected simultaneously. A 7-port USB hub takes care of the data connections, but the power connections are just too damn messy and require an entire power strip just to power the drives.

I'd like to eventually replace these guys with a single RAID box, but that's some months to a year or more in the future. For now, I have to run 5 independent, external hard drives.

I'm looking for a 12v DC power supply such that I can have a single wall plug that breaks out into 5 or more 12v DC cylindrical inputs that will fit these drives, and I'm at a loss as to where to look. I'd rather not have to patch together a custom cable and would prefer to buy off-the-shelf, even if from a specialty manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Might want to try this site for starters"http://www.acopian.com/default.asp". They build custom power supplies. Myself,I'd try to build one out of a pc power supply. Don't think it would be too hard and the costs would be much cheaper.

Back