Looking for a Voice Chat Program

gorf

Registered
For 10.1.5 that also can be used on PC... it seems like a hard find, trying to get it set up to talk to my girlfriend. Only thing I have found so far is distorted on her end (mac)

Yeah, AIM for OS X is actually missing the voice feature. But The new Yahoo Messenger 5.6 for both Mac and Windows supposedly does the voice and video thing

I think voice works from mac to mac and pc to pc but not over. Atleast I couldn't get it to work

Please Note: If you are a Windows 3.1 or Macintosh user, you will not be able to use Yahoo! Messenger Voice Chat.

yahoo 5.6 for mac??? Where? I just know about the 2.5.2 version for mac. And that one just allows videochat between pc and mac.
I know about mac2phone which has a windows-version as well. Didn't try yet, but should work

Jaguar is OS 10.2. I believe you're speaking of "Panther," which will be released later this year. hmmm

If I remember right, there was a tool that allowed to transfer audio over tcp/ip and it worked with a very famous messanger, which was available for windows too. Does anyone remember this?
I guess the macosx 10.1 mac of your girlfriend has a classic too. This might help you out

Back