Looking for SO-DIMM

Matsaki

Registered
Hey Guys!
Please help me with some tips where I can find cheap 256Mb SO-DIMM to my PB G3 Bronze :confused:

Thanks!
But is it only Mac stores selling this type of RAM? Don't they fit to some PC models to, and therefor being sold at some cheap PC shops?

Can I only use PC100 and not PC133?

Matsaki said:
Thanks!
But is it only Mac stores selling this type of RAM? Don't they fit to some PC models to, and therefor being sold at some cheap PC shops?

Can I only use PC100 and not PC133?
Yes, only PC100. Actually PC66 would be best, since your book is running at 66mhz for the memory. But you can always downscale the memory in one degree: My ibook has 100mhz memory clock. I can use PC100 AND PC133.
Btw, it has nothing to do with the speed..

Matsaki said:
Thanks!

Sure, you can use whatever RAM fits the specs of the PowerBook. Beware of using cheap RAM, though... you get what you pay for.

I just found 2 different types of SO-DIMM RAM. Kan you please help me and advice?

1. Kingston SO-DIMM 256MB PC100, 144PIN, Price New app. $90.00

2. 256MB PC100 SO DIMM 144P 8CHIP 3,3V Gold [32X641443VSDRAM], Price New app. $32.00

And I don't want to spend a lot of money on my old PB, so please advice me :)

I would pick the cheaper one and simply try it in that store. If it won't work, you can give it back. If it does, it should be fine eventhough some ppl might tell you to not go with the cheap one - what I would actually second.
Anyway, I have a noname DIMM in my ibook which works fine. Guess the importance of brand DIMMs becomes more significant once the speed is higher (DDR)?!

Back