Looking To Buy MacBook Pro From eBay

TRIKSTO

Registered
I'm looking to buy a used MacBook pro from eBay, probably a 2007 model.

I've been stung in the past as I have a Mac Mini at the moment but bought the power opposed to the intel which obviously means I can't upgrade to the latest software! Only realised this once I bought it.

Wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for!?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some 2007 MBPro models would also not be upgradeable to current software. I suggest that you move ahead about 2 more years. A Mac current from 2009 should be upgradeable to at least the next major update (after Mountain Lion) if you need to do that.

Excellent thanks for the advice! Just spotted one on eBay, ends in an hr! might go for that! ;-)

What a joke Macintosh is, they require you to buy newer versions or updates of the OS or leave you hanging with the outdated OS It should be free cuz you paid an arm n leg to begin with.

Seems the joke is on you - as investors seem to remain convinced that Apple is the most valuable company in the world. How does that happen?

But, it's a tough life when you feel cheated!
Apple does not "require you to buy newer versions or updates of the OS or leave you hanging with the outdated OS". Updates to your present OS X version are, in fact, free downloads. Upgrades are not required, unless it is for some purpose that you decide that you need.
And, recent OS X upgrades are at nominal cost (for supported hardware) - which Apple does not force you to purchase. Seems like a good deal if you compare to the cost of keeping up with each version of Windows (if one wanted to do that)

I've decided to just save up for the new MacBook Pro! My mate has one and it's an amazing piece of kit!

Thinking about it more I would prefer to get one of these machines brand new! Will take a bit of saving but I feel it's worth it!

I'll stick with the mac mini for now, I would just like a few of the features like the app store for example as I'm used to the iPhone!

I think any manufacturer can only go so far keeping up support for an older machine, if we want new innovations then we need to learn from the past devices and evolve. Having the software run backwards too far stalls progress.

Can be costly for consumers if they want to keep up but suppose its their choice at the end of the day and if you are buying apple then you are choosing the higher end of the market.

Seems the joke is on you - as investors seem to remain convinced that Apple is the most valuable company in the world. How does that happen?

But, it's a tough life when you feel cheated!
Apple does not "require you to buy newer versions or updates of the OS or leave you hanging with the outdated OS". Updates to your present OS X version are, in fact, free downloads. Upgrades are not required, unless it is for some purpose that you decide that you need.
And, recent OS X upgrades are at nominal cost (for supported hardware) - which Apple does not force you to purchase. Seems like a good deal if you compare to the cost of keeping up with each version of Windows (if one wanted to do that)

i agree with this you only need to upgrade when the need arises. I still use PowerPC G4s for my day-to-day tasks. I do not need anything higher than Leopard. If there is a chance there is something i cannot do with my PowerPC Macs then i turn on the Windows 7 Machine. Way I see it leave well enough alone MS does not need to make a new OS every few years and Apple doesn't need to make a new OS X seems like its every year. Nothing was wrong with PowerPC nothing was wrong with Leopard just as nothing was wrong with Windows 2000 although Windows XP is questionable.

I've decided to just save up for the new MacBook Pro! My mate has one and it's an amazing piece of kit!

Thinking about it more I would prefer to get one of these machines brand new! Will take a bit of saving but I feel it's worth it!

I'll stick with the mac mini for now, I would just like a few of the features like the app store for example as I'm used to the iPhone!

I think any manufacturer can only go so far keeping up support for an older machine, if we want new innovations then we need to learn from the past devices and evolve. Having the software run backwards too far stalls progress.

Can be costly for consumers if they want to keep up but suppose its their choice at the end of the day and if you are buying apple then you are choosing the higher end of the market.

If you can afford a new Mac and are not in a rush to get it that is always the way to go however you can get near Mint macs on eBay for a fraction the cost of a brand new one. The 1st gen Intel Mini can run ML with a CPU upgrade :D

Back