Lose Internet Connection

todpaulus

Registered
i have the new ibook g4 running tiger. i have an iburst internet connection. (this is a fixed wireless internet service in australia). every 20-30 min or so i get the following message on my screen:

Internet Connect:
This is your reminder that your connection is still active. Do you wish to remain connected?

It gives you two buttons, "disconnect" and "stay connected". If I am away from my computer, I think it times out and disconnects me. I prefer my internet connection to be "always on". I cannot seem to find any preferences in "internet connect" which allow me to be always on with no asking whether I want to stay connected.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

sonoraquest

Registered
I have the same computer -IBook G4 - and run OS 10.4.2 (Tiger). I have a dial-up connection (I'm cheap!) Every 30 minutes I get the message from Internet Connect "This is your reminder that your connection is still active. Do you wish to remain connected?" I have to click on "Stay connected" or I lose connection.

The Network Preferences pane doesn't show any solutions. I have Emailed both Netzero (my ISP) and Apple tec support, but have not received any solutions that work.

This is really frustrating, especially when downloading! Any ideas? Anybody?

bobw

The Late: SuperMacMod
Try this:
Open System Preferences. Select Network.
Set the "Show:" pulldown menu to "Internal Modem".
Go to the PPP tab.
Click the Options button.
There should be a check-box "Prompt every __ minutes to remain connected."