Lose Internet Connection

todpaulus

Registered
i have the new ibook g4 running tiger. i have an iburst internet connection. (this is a fixed wireless internet service in australia). every 20-30 min or so i get the following message on my screen:

Internet Connect:
This is your reminder that your connection is still active. Do you wish to remain connected?

It gives you two buttons, "disconnect" and "stay connected". If I am away from my computer, I think it times out and disconnects me. I prefer my internet connection to be "always on". I cannot seem to find any preferences in "internet connect" which allow me to be always on with no asking whether I want to stay connected.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

I have the same computer -IBook G4 - and run OS 10.4.2 (Tiger). I have a dial-up connection (I'm cheap!) Every 30 minutes I get the message from Internet Connect "This is your reminder that your connection is still active. Do you wish to remain connected?" I have to click on "Stay connected" or I lose connection.

The Network Preferences pane doesn't show any solutions. I have Emailed both Netzero (my ISP) and Apple tec support, but have not received any solutions that work.

This is really frustrating, especially when downloading! Any ideas? Anybody?

Try this:
Open System Preferences. Select Network.
Set the "Show:" pulldown menu to "Internal Modem".
Go to the PPP tab.
Click the Options button.
There should be a check-box "Prompt every __ minutes to remain connected."

Back