Losing Focus

pedz

Registered
I didn't see any similar posts... Sometimes (maybe four times total) since updating to Sierra when I come down stairs in the morning, the application will loose focus and keyboard input will be sent to nowhere. This happens for all the applications. The name of the app in the menu does not change but the window will change from the active color to the inactive color. This happens even for apps that have just one window.

Last week when it happened, I used EtreCheck to clean up some things but I didn't really find anything wrong. There was just some old launchd files that it didn't like and I was no longer using them so I removed them.

A reboot fixes the problem. I'm wondering (but my memory is too bad) if this happens Monday morning after the laptop has been up the whole weekend where as usually it gets rebooted twice a day (once when I go to work and once when I come home).

Any ideas of suggestions?

I may not have been clear. I am logged in and working -- or trying to work but I can't until I reboot because of this issue. In fact, just picking the "Shutdown" from the Apple menu takes several tries to pick it before the menu loses focus.

Ok. I was about to do that anyway. I'll ping back if I see it again after the update.

Back