lost display

sdduk

Registered
hi everyone dont know if you can help me please but i have an old mac quadra 650 my son gave me because i wanted to learn abit about macs.my problem is i have lost the display and dont know how to get it back. it was running alright but me playing about with the diplay setting moved it and now all i get is a black screen when i bootup.so is there a way i can get it back.i dont have know disks yet but will get some soon it has mac os v8.0.
regards steve

reset the pram. as soon as you turn on the mac, hold down command, option, p, and r all at the same time. you should hear it bong again, and contiune to hold the keys down untill you get alteast 4 bongs, then let go and all should be good again.

If the internal battery is dead, you won't get video. The PRAM reset mentioned in the above post should get you going, but the dead battery would force you to do that again the next time you boot. Try replacing that battery.

thanks guys did what you said all is back and running fine now. battery must be ok been booting up alright but i will remember the battery thing.thanks again.
regards steve

Back