lost iLife?

guapagirl

Registered
For various reasons I've done a clean install on my iMac using the original install disks. however none of the iLife programmes that originally installed have done so this time. I only used the first disk because the second one was a developer disk.

I'm already in the dog house because I forgot to back up the photoshop pictures and I'm getting hard looks off guapaboy so need to appease.

Thanks in anticipation.

ETA: it's a 3.06 GHx intel core 2 duo running 10.5.8

Last edited:
Your bundled software (including the iLife software install) is on that second DVD. Insert that disk, and run the installer on that disk. It's not just the developer software, you'll see that iLife will also be available.

Your bundled software (including the iLife software install) is on that second DVD. Insert that disk, and run the installer on that disk. It's not just the developer software, you'll see that iLife will also be available.

Hi, thanks for replying :)

The folder itself just says x code tools.

I can't see iLife anywhere... I took a screen shot.... ha! but grab only saves in tiff...

anyway there is nothing in the folder that is even remotely like iLife.

I'll just copy it over from my laptop. it's annoying though.

Well, try your disk #1, just insert, and run the optional installer that you should see on that disk.

I am assuming that you are using the set of grey DVDs that came with your new Mac?
Or, are you using a Leopard installer DVD (a black disk with the big X across the label?
That disk will not have the bundled software. Only your original disk set will have that.

they are the grey disks that came with it. just put disk1 in and couldn't see iLife on the bundle but it's just asked me to now put the second one in and it says it's installing... phew! thank you! now I just have to show sufficient contrition over losing the photoshop stuff!

thanks for your help x

Back