Lost my F11 and F12 keys

alra111

Registered
No, not the actual keys, but their original function of lowering and raising the volume. This happened after I my mom use my computer the other day because hers was temporarily acting up. I've tried digging through preferences and a bunch of stuff but I can't seem to bring those functions back to those keys.

I'd like to get these functions back as "officially" as possible. In preliminary research I read about this program called iKey, but if there's an Apple way to do it, I'd very much prefer that :)

Any and all help is appreciated.

Rafael

Are the fn and function keys reversed? That is, can you get the f11 and f12 volume to change if you hold the fn key first.
If that does work, you can switch back in your Keyboard & Mouse pref pane, then Keyboard tab. Turn OFF "Use all f1, f2, keys as standard function keys"

You are the bomb, man. Thanks... Worked perfectly. Guess what, I think this is something I clicked on MYSELF while trying to regain the F11 and F12. I went where you told me to go, unchecked the box, and BINGO, I've got my volume controls back using F11 and F12... like it was before!

Thanks again man!!

Back