Loud "zoooooom" noize suddenly after 1.1 firmware update [imac intel]

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
I installed the newest firmware update for my Core 2 Duo iMac (1Gb ram, 2.0Ghz), and suddenly after about 30 minutes the fan (it sounded like a fan) went CRAZY and just went ZOOOOOOM, i quickly rebooted (from the apple menu) and when it turned on again, I HEARD IT AGAIN. So, I waited a bit and it slowly died down, now there is no noize, FOR NOW. What is wrong?

haha i got the same problem, i also got macbook core 2 duo..

when u hear the zoom, its the Fan inside, it means ur CPU is shooting up to 200 % usage. (BADDD)

same problem as me! im going back to the store tomorow to return, im sick of it.

to make sure if its ur CPU going nuts.. check ur Activity monitor
Applications > utilities > activity monitor.

Wow, I'm really ehm what's the word... nervous?
Well, actually I have the iMac, not the MacBook ;). And, did this happen to you when you updated the firmware? And where exactly does it say the CPU usage?

--It just started today, I've had the computer for around 1.5-2 months...
I thought it might've been b/c of a faulty written firmware update, but anyway... I might call apple tech support. ;) See what they tell me.

The same thing occurred when I did the firmware update as well, but while reading the update instructions, it mentions this is supposed to happen on the initial reboot.

The same thing occurred when I did the firmware update as well, but while reading the update instructions, it mentions this is supposed to happen on the initial reboot.
Oh, I never saw that, thanks for pointing it out.

Back