Mac 10.4.11 Not Reading Adobe CS4 Install Discs

kschroers

Registered
I currently have CS4 installed on my computer and I have been having problems with InDesign so I would like to reinstall the app but my computer refuses to read the install discs and ejects them every time I try. I have put in other kinds of discs.. blank, app install discs, etc and my computer has no problem reading any of them, only the Adobe install discs. How can I fix this?

OK. Your Mac should be able to read and recognize a large array of discs. Two things come to mind:
  1. A well-written installation script should not allow you to install an application over a newer version of itself.
  2. You cannot install the Windows version of CS4 on a Mac partition.
It might be helpful if you gave a more detailed description of what is going on when the install disc is ejected.

I am trying to run the exact same install discs as what is currently installed.. Adobe Creative Suite 4 for Mac OS. It comes with 3 discs.. Application 1, Application 2 and a Content Disc. I have tried to put all 3 into my computer and it will try to read them for about a minute then eject them. The disc icon never shows up on my desktop nor do I get an error message. I have opened the install discs on my other computer running the same software just to make sure it isn't an issue with me already having the software installed but the discs show up just fine on that computer. Hope that helps. Thanks for your help.

What model of Mac do you have?
Those CS4 disks are DVDs, I think.
Does that Mac read other DVDs? You didn't say that you tried another DVD disk. If you only tried CDs, then that could be your issue. An optical drive can have a hardware problem preventing use of DVDs, even though CD disks still work fine.

I thought of that too. Weird thing is I have 2 optical drives and they both are not reading these discs. I have a Dual-Core Intel Xeon running Mac OS 10.4.11 I was able to work around this issue by reinstalling using a remote computer through our server.. but it still bugs me. Plus, the reinstall didn't fix my InDesign problem! that's a whole other thread. But I appreciate your help :)

Back