.mac account

Jethack 1

Registered
Does anybody know how to cancel a .mac account? I got an email saying my .mac acciunt will be renewed in Nov. and my credit card billed. However, I don't want my .mac account anymore and I don't see any option for canceiiing it in their website.

Hi Jethack,

Cancel your credit card details, or change the credit card number to a non-existing or expired card. That way it can't renew itself. :)

Wow. That sounds incredibly sneaky of Apple. Really, Gia, there's *NO* way to simply cancel the service? You _have_ to basically make them believe your credit's no good?!

If only they would revamp their .mac service so people would actually use and pay for it, then it would be something worthwhile. Come on apple, give us something we can reaally use!!

I hope they fix/add .mac with new services/functions from leopard, excluding "back to my mac", this btw, should be included in OSX free of charge.

Sign on to .mac
Click on Account (top item in left side panel)
You may be asked to log in again (security)
In buttons on right, click on Credit Card Info
At bottom, set Auto Renew to off (unclick)
You're done

Sign on to .mac
Click on Account (top item in left side panel)
You may be asked to log in again (security)
In buttons on right, click on Credit Card Info
At bottom, set Auto Renew to off (unclick)
You're done

Honestly. Just jumpin' to those conclusions, guys... :rolleyes:

Well, there is probably an easier way, like selecting to not automatically renew the contract, but as I didn't have time to log in to check my options, that would be one way that for sure works. If you don't want them to renew it, why would you want the system to have your CC details in a file anyway?

I have another question now. One of the reasons I had a .mac account was because the email program through .mac could read Japanese characters (letters). I also have Outlook Express, but it will not read Japanese.
Does anybody know of a mail program that will read Japanese? Thanks.

Back