Mac doesn't "see" OSX install

Bluesman

Registered
Hi,

I recently put a new hard drive in my Imac trayloader. I did the OSX install disk and formatted it and the install went fine. But after install it reboots and the screen shows the two faces logo and a question mark blinking. It does not "see" the installation, while i rebooted from the disk and selected the partition with that install as startup disk. OSX worked 100% fine before on this machine on the old HD.

Try holding down the option key while starting up. It should show you the installed OS. Select it and boot from it. When booted into the OS, go to the Startup Volume system preference, select the harddrive with the OS installation and reboot. Shutdown and reboot to see if that all went well. If any of the steps doesn't work, report here...

If I remember correctly, the older, tray-loading iMacs are subject to the "8GB limit" -- meaning you must install OS X in a partition no larger than 8GB, and that partition must be the first partition on the drive.

If you replaced the drive with a driver bigger than 8GB, then you'll most likely need to repartition and reformat it to meet the criteria stated above.

Back