Mac image file issues

jbabb

Registered
Hello all,
Images on my 2018 mac air are showing up either black or green. Super weird. I cleared cache, history, whatever other basic troubleshooting steps the "how to" pages mentioned...looks like I need some help! Any tips?

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 3
Are these images you are trying to view on a web site or through Photos? If it is on a web site, do you have content blocker on?

Are these images you are trying to view on a web site or through Photos? If it is on a web site, do you have content blocker on?

Both on the web and on my personal library has the same results. Whether it be through safari, firefox, or chrome i still have this issue. Very irritating when I'm trying to design a website!

Do you have JavaScript enabled in your browsers?
Any plug ins installed ? (flash player)

In Safari> Preferences>Security you will find enable Java Script.
In Safari>Preferences>Websites at the bottom left you will find Plug-ins listed.

Sometimes, when you install a new update (such as a Safari update), the settings may change and you only find out when you try to do something.

Ahh, yes, Adobe flash was off. The image problem is mostly better but some still aren't loading right. The Java was enabled. This is an odd circumstance I didn't think I'd find myself in! Thank you for your help so far.

Now you should quit Safari, then start it up. Those images should show up.

Now you should quit Safari, then start it up. Those images should show up.
Yes, safari and computer have been restarted.
It actually happens on things other than internet browsers. Another example is on the keynote app--most of the time the images are coming up green.

Is your System Preferences/Displays pref pane set for default resolution (and NOT a scaled setting)?

Can you log in to another account, and check if the images are still the same?
If you don't have another user account, this would be a good opportunity to make one, just for troubleshooting this issue...

If none of that helps, you should run your built-in diagnostics - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731
Come back with any reference codes that might be generated by that test.

Last edited:
Is your System Preferences/Displays pref pane set for default resolution (and NOT a scaled setting)?

Can you log in to another account, and check if the images are still the same?
If you don't have another user account, this would be a good opportunity to make one, just for troubleshooting this issue...

If none of that helps, you should run your built-in diagnostics - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731
Come back with any reference codes that might be generated by that test.

"No Issues Found." Reference code ADP000
I'll get on creating another account now, that's a good idea. I just don't know what I'd be looking for once I make it.
Display settings are set on standard.

Funny enough, even though I've shut down and restarted before, it looks like when I did the diagnostics test everything straightened out. I'll message if not, but it appears that way now.

If you have some kind of software issue that only affects your normal user, then booting to another user should fix your issue, or at least make it different in some way.
If you still have the same video issue with a different (new) user account, then it is system-wide, or a hardware problem of some kind.

When you ran the diagnostics test - that likely scared your poor laptop, and made it behave.
Really, the test does exercise parts of your chipset pretty good, and it's possible that some hardware bit was reset, and the problem might never return. Not sure if you should expect that, but it might be a good outcome.

Back