.Mac mail down?

cwoody222

Registered
I access my .Mac mail at home via Mail.app and at work (on a PC) via webmail.mac.com

I've been following a few threads on forums just like this one and yesterday my webmail was literally getting messages every 10-15 minutes notifying me of new posts.

Now it's been like 12 hours and I've got NOTHING. I checked webmail from my Mac and nothing's there either.

Plus earlier in the week an AOL user (don't know if that matters) sent me two messages which I didn't receive. I've got tons of messages from this person before.

Is Mail down? I've been having intermittent trouble accessing iDisk over the past week too. I'm kinda getting frustrated with .Mac.

Anyone offer any advice?

PS My iDisk is not full, my Mail is definately not full and I've re-checked everything in SysPref. And I don't use any spam blockers or firewalls or stuff. (which shouldn't matter since there's no mail on my webmail either)

I've also checked the forums - there ARE messages I should have been notified about.

I've experienced similar things, and it's tough to narrow it down to either .Mac or this bulletin board. I'll go back here and there'll be new posts, yet I won't get the notification email until hours later... sometimes the next day. However, I do still receive email from other people/sites, so I know that .Mac email is working correctly.

It's hard to tell if it's this site that's slacking on the email notifications or whether the emails are getting caught up somewhere along the .Mac line.

Hmm...well, I got the notification of the first reply, but not the second.

So I would say MacOSX.com isn't to blame, .Mac is.

I also just got 2 notifications from another forum (same software, coincientally, as this forum) a few minutes ago. However, I should have got notifications all night as there were continued replies for the past 12 hours.

HA - while I am writing this I just got the notice from this site of ElDiablo's reply!

Well, you're only supposed to get one notification per thread unless you visit the site in the interim, as stated at the bottom of every notification email you get. That's normal.

Back