Mac mail

crazysxycool

Registered
Is there a way to delete email from top to bottom like in Outlook 2003 and 2007 instead of bottom to top? The same thing happens in Entourage. It's a bit annoying.

Thanks,
Wyman

Never thought about that before!
I opened Mail, then chose a random message to delete, and the next item (up) was selected, as you mentioned.
Then, I clicked the header at the top (by date, in this case), and the sort reverses. Then deleted one time, and the next in the list (down) was now selected.
So, I surmise that the direction of deletion is determined by the direction of the sort.
Does that answer your question? Or, am I missing something, and my Mail works differently from yours?

Never thought about that before!
I opened Mail, then chose a random message to delete, and the next item (up) was selected, as you mentioned.
Then, I clicked the header at the top (by date, in this case), and the sort reverses. Then deleted one time, and the next in the list (down) was now selected.
So, I surmise that the direction of deletion is determined by the direction of the sort.
Does that answer your question? Or, am I missing something, and my Mail works differently from yours?
No, you're right. I have mine sorted by date from the recent to the older which is the way I want it. I'm sure if I sorted the date from older to newer (top to bottom) then it would behave in the manner I'm after.

Regards,
Wyman

Back