Mac Mini & Multiple Sound Card... and Silence!?

White-Knight

Registered
Hi All,

I have a Mac Mini 2.4Ghz IC2D and I use two USB external sound cards for radio broadcasting and music production. In the USB ports I have a Behringer Xenyx X1622USB mixer and a Digidesign MBox 2 Mini. The other two ports are occupied by an External HD and a USB hub for my mouse & keyboards and a third ASUS Wireless Headset USB dongle.

Recently (as in the last week) a curious fault has occurred. The problem is that when both the Behringer and the MBox are connected, the Behringer isn't responding. Mac doesn't send audio to it and says that it isn't responding when listening to it. As soon as the MBox is unplugged, the Behringer works fine. Sometimes however, it can be the other way round. The Behringer works fine and the MBox won't play ball. Neither device likes to be connected to my hub (which is mains powered). Am I doing something wrong here?

I should point out that it is a design fault that the Behringer cannot send audio from the computer to the main output; otherwise i would scrap the MBox 2. Also, I use the internal sound card for listening out for MSN or for Skype ringing...

any ideas/ thoughts?
Your help is much appreciated folks,

I tried that but no difference unfortunately; thanks for the idea though! I have also re-installed Mac OS X - erased Macintosh HD and started from scratch but to no avail! I think it's the digidesign drivers but who knows...

I found a work around for my situation - to do with software but I am not goin to give up on this!

Back