Mac mini

Mac mini - top or flop?

• TOP! :)

• flop. :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
ylon said:
It was pretty easy to replace the RAM in my new Mac mini today... Getting case off at first was a little unnerving, but the beveled putty knife seems to work alright.

Putty knife??? Yikes...

Ripcord, haven't you seen the movie of how to open up the case? You have to use a putty knife (or something similar, I imagine) to pry the case apart, though it doesn't seem to give too much resistance.

Arden said:
Ripcord, haven't you seen the movie of how to open up the case? You have to use a putty knife (or something similar, I imagine) to pry the case apart, though it doesn't seem to give too much resistance.
Other possible tools in clude a chainsaw, a big mace, a refridgerator, a sixpack and two shiny gold christmas balls.

Love my 1.42 mini so far! Have a 1gig stick on order. Going to also order a Pioneer DVR-K04L to put in it too, as I got the 256m/Combo version. (it was a gift so I had no choice)

Otherworld Computing has some nice video of them opening the Mini, worth checking out if you are going to do a RAM/HD/DVD update yourself.

I just finished setting up our new 1.42 mini. We traded in the family eMac 700. Oooh yess! nice little unit. A gig stick is on it's way too.

I bought a 17 inch ViewSonic, black with silver faceplate. It looks very nice in the study corner and it is soo nice to not have the noise of the eMac!

Funny thing is that on that monitor, the brushed metal fits nicely. I may just leave Safari with it.

We got a Mini to test for a while where I work. I have to admin, even though it isn't the fastest thing I want one... so small and sweet.

Of course the 20inch display is awesome as well....

Back