Mac not catching air waves

My G5 mac seems to hate my wireless network. It will connect for only a few seconds and then it will disconnect again. If I try to reconnect to my wireless network it gives me an error "There was an error while trying to connect to 'Wireless Network.'." My ibook connect fine to the network. I'm running the most up to date airport on both computers. I have scanned the G5 (permissions repair) several times, and nothing seems to be the matter. What's going on here??

It's highly probable, that since you're in a University, that many, many, many other people have wireless networks. Try changing the channel on your wireless router a few times to see if you can find one that isn't being used.

i found that by disconnecting and reconnecting the wirless card my internet starting working again. it still acts slow which i don't understand. my ibook still seems to have the better connection. do the extreme wireless cards go bad?

If they do go bad, then most likely they'd quit working altogether -- not slow down.

Have you tried different channels? I'm suspecting strongly that it would help, if not cure the problem.

my internet seems to be working fine now, so i'm afraid to touch it. but if it does mess up again, first thing will be to switching the channels.

Back